Monday 11 July 2011

Notgrove City Limit.....


The phone woke me up....at 10 in the morning. I'd only got to bed at five. I missed the call. In fact I missed the call three times during the day before I finally found out who it was. It was a busy day. I had to take posters and flyers over to Raunds, drop the studio computer off to be repaired and then drive to Bourton on the Water with the band to meet Nicki & Tracy. She was looking forward to a cream tea but traffic hold ups meant that we arrived as all the tea shops were closing.

Notgrove is only a couple of miles from Bourton, deep in the Cotswold country. The venue is a tiny village hall . One of the first people to arrive was Trish Bishop and her husband, who'd come to see us a couple of times last year. It was nice to see them again. The hall soon filled to capacity and Nicki once again played a great set. I know Nicki was really taken with the village and posted about it on her blog (nickigillis.co.uk). Once again it was a late night but we drove back to Oxford, got some diesel, and then continued back to Northampton. We managed to get on to the A43 just as it being closed off for the British Grand Prix weekend. I think we were the last vehicle to travel the full length before the race.


Several people who came to see us at Notgrove will also be coming to see us in Gloucester the following night

No comments:

Post a Comment