Monday 25 July 2011

The Long Haul -Part seven


We arrived at the Cafe Con Leche in Corby Town Centre in the evening sunshine. I was so tired. This tour schedule was taking its toll. We waited until Chris arrived before we loaded in, as we had two flights of stairs to negotiate. Eveyone mucked in and we were soon loaded in and set up.

I was pleased to see that my wife Sue had come along as she's been so busy with her work recently. As we set eveything up we were joined by Dave & Vince from my own band, Vince's partner Rachel, plus quite a few other friends and acquaintances, including some who'd heard Nicki's songs being played on the local radio and decided to check her out. Nicki graciously allowed my band to perform a handful of songs to open the show and we sounded good, even if I do say so myself. Most times we play we have to use the PA provided and they always turn it up too loud. It was a pleasure to play at the correct volume.


There was a good sized crowd when Nicki took the stage and once again she won them over in double quick time.


We've played a lot of shows on this tour and I think that this was my favourite so far. The reception the audience gave Nicki was very loud and heartfelt. Even the bar staff asked her to autograph a poster. They said that she was the best they'd had perform at the venue. I'm proud to be a part of this.

Once we'd loaded the van Chris took Lee and Cozy back to Northampton while I travelled back to Kettering with Nicki and Tracy. It had been a long day and I was exhausted. At least we could have a lie in the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment