Thursday 1 July 2010

Weds 30th June North Biddick WMC

It was a long old haul up the M1 and A1 to Washington, Tyne & Wear for last night's show. Nicky, Tracy & Bob had made their way via Scarborough and Whitby, while Chris, Cozy and myself drove up via Northampton.
Once again the weather was very warm and luckily the roads were clear. It still took four hours to drive the 220 or so miles to the venue. We arrived in very good time and had plenty of time to set up. After a cuppa and a sound check we were ready to go.
Nicki's first song was extremely well received and Chris told me that he and Tracy knew right away that this was to be a special night.
The band played well, Nicki was on song despite a toothache, and every song was applauded long and loudly.
All too soon the show was over and Nicki spent some time chatting to everyone and having her photo taken while we packed everything away. We got loaded and away by 12.30. I was sweating buckets under the lights and it was cool outside, so strange as it may seem I wore my tour jacket buttoned up so as to keep the heat in and cool down slowly.
My health is a bit fragile and I don't want to take risks of getting ill before the end of the tour. Chris drove all the way home. We stopped for a short break after about 100 miles and again to get some diesel at Leicester Forest Services. We dropped Cozy off and got home at about 4.30. I made a cuppa and took it to bed, staying awake just long enough to drink it before falling asleep
Three local shows this weekend. Bring em on!

No comments:

Post a Comment