Thursday 24 June 2010

Wednesday 23rd June

Last night we played the RAFA Club in Newark. We arrived at least an hour earlier than we needed to and got set up in double quick time. Nicki, Tracy & Bob got lost again. I stood out in the main street waving my hands and they eventually passed by and I guided them to the venue.
It's a nice club, not very big and they enjoy listening to the music rather than just dancing. We played three 40-45 minute sets during the evening and they absolutely loved Nicki. She looked and sounded great and many of the audience said they'd not heard a better singer for years.

It was very hot. I'm watching my temperature constantly and I had to be careful that I didn't get too cold after the show, so I emerged from the venue and sat in the van dressed in my tour jacket which is fully lined. This allowed me to cool down slowly.

We got back home before 2 o'clock and I had a good night's sleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment