Monday 14 June 2010

Almost ready to rock!

It's Monday 14th June and we're only a few days away from the 2010 Nicki Gillis UK tour. I was privileged to play for her when she toured here last year, and we have many happy memories from back then.
As you may know, I finished the tour and managed to get bitten by a tick while on holiday in Wales. To cut a long story short, it turned out that I had a form of leukaemia, so I've spent the last ten months getting having chemo and feeling a bit sick. However, the worst is over and I'm raring to play on at least a few of her shows.
The tour starts this Friday at the Pickering Country Music Festival, held at Rosedale Abbey, deep in the North Yorkshire Moors.
To give you a taste of what to expect, here's a video of Nicki and the band from a festival last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment